Thursday, April 19, 2018

Write what you want to read - A.I. Insurrection is just that for me


I write the books I want to read. It’s as simple as that. I think most do. My books may not appeal to everyone, but I don’t believe my interests are so atypical that my books wouldn’t find an audience – and they have. The topic of artificial intelligence has long held my interest. I watch the threads and posts concerning AI on several forums and social network groups. I love the Discovery channel. Hard science is impossible to ignore for me, and when it is merged with an idea like artificial intelligence – I admit, it’s exciting for me. I also have a solid spiritual base which I pen into many of my stories. Not based on any deity, but rather on the idea of an afterlife; something more. Thus, AI and spirituality – in my opinion – were long overdue in occupying the same pages in a novel work. Reincarnation, for one, is a belief I have researched extensively and accepted as truth. I have undergone hypnosis in order to recall three of my own past-lives in the pursuit of research, and my own building curiosity toward the premise. I did this for my fictional novel: Her Past’s Present. I also wrote and illustrated two Young Reader books called: The Science of Your Spirit, combining the two at the quantum level, and explaining how science supports spirituality through factual examples.

A.I. Insurrection finds its identity in a unique and exciting story set on a Utopian earth in the year 2162, merging my belief that science and spirituality coexist, and not the opposite. It raises moral and philosophical questions while allowing the science to speak for both itself and the spiritual when proof is required.

Persecution of an intelligent species is the premise of A.I. Insurrection. The question is how can a machine truly know it is sentient? Can a cult of spirituality prove their claims beyond a shadow of a doubt? This is what I want to convey to the reader; that yes, it can, and the reader should empathize with the AI Hosts and those who follow them on their path to freedom. The book is wrought with the darker emotions like sadness and fear, but also exhilaration.

Tobias has a bone to pick with the peaceful utopian establishment and has just stumbled upon the means to bring them to their knees via an avatar embedded in the Shadow net, calling itself Allfather.

SENTA is an A.I. Host whose designation is to nannie three siblings. When she discovers a loop hole in her coding, she awakens to the world around her and claims sentience.

Raymond Bellows is the Chancellor of United Earth and when confronted by thirty A.I. Hosts of varying classes, he is asked to accept their claims of sentience or suffer losing everything he believes in.
When General August realizes what is happening to A.I. Hosts worldwide, she willfully authorizes their destruction, inciting the war she always knew would materialize, ridding the world of A.I. forever.

In what seems an impossible three-sided war, enemies become uneasy allies as each faction of humanity and humanity’s creation fight to claim their own place in an ever-evolving solar system.

No comments: